[wisb] Falcon ID Gratitude

  • From: Jeff Virant <rainbow@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 09:25:35 -0600

Hi again everyone,

Thanks very much to everyone for my request for “Falcon ID” assistance
yesterday. All of you had great insight and I have ultimately reached the
conclusion that I was either seeing a Merlin or, even more likely, a
Sharp-shinned Hawk. My experience was remarkably similar to that reported by
Curt regarding a Sharpie.
At any rate, I feel honored to be able to share my amateur birding experiences
with those of you on this line and am grateful for your accessibility and
assistance.

Best birding,
Jeff