[wisb] FW: Bird Hazard Survey

  • From: "William Mueller" <iltlawas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 17:24:47 -0500

Please see forwarded message below to participate in a new survey on
hazards to birds.

William P. Mueller
(414) 698-9108
Milwaukee, WI
E-mail: iltlawas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
On the web: http://home.earthlink.net/~iltlawas/index.html
Blog: http://bluebirdslaugh.blogspot.com/

Allentown, Pennsylvania who are looking at some of these issues. They are
requesting that people from all areas and walks of life help them study
these types of questions by filling out an online survey.

> Many birds are killed each year by various forms of human technology and
activity. Some of these human-made hazards attract much more attention than
do others. The researchers are interested in how various factors shown to
influence people?s perceptions of the risks posed by nuclear power or water
pollution (e.g., is it a ?new? hazard, how 'natural' does the hazard seem)
may also contribute to peoples? perceptions of various hazards to birds.
This information will be useful in helping bird conservationists strategize
in campaigns to raise awareness with regards to different kinds of threats
to birds and other natural systems.

http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB22BDFEUJWXT

> Your participation will remain anonymous and confidential. The survey
takes about 25 minutes to complete. At the end of the survey, you will be
re-directed to a separate page upon which you can request a summary of what
we find. This research project has met Muhlenberg College?s Institutional
Review policy requirements.

> Please circulate this notice as widely as able.  If you have any
questions about the project, please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Jeffrey
Rudski at rudski AT muhlenberg.edu.