[wisb] FW: Best way to see the Crested Caracara

  • From: <charir@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisbirdnet" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 08:50:51 -0500

Good Morning Birders.

This is for all of you looking for the Crested Caracara.  It does seem to be
staying on the Island and has been seen hit and miss in various spots,
usually in the Michigan Road area between Airport Rd. and East Side Rd.
Melody Walsh is the point person and has allowed me to give you her cell
phone number.

608-293-1890.

Just a tip:  the bird has been seen most often in late afternoon.  This is
usually too late to get a ferry back to the mainland.  If you do not want to
stay the night on the Island (we wish you would) come on a Friday.  There
are two late boats on Friday:  7 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.    Go to
www.wisferry.com  to get the schedule for later in the month when there are
more and Saturday & Sunday night boats as well.

Chari Rutledge

Washington Island

Door County