[wisb] Eurasian-Collared Doves -- Prairie Du Chien

  • From: Alan Stankevitz <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 13:32:23 -0500

This morning I was photographing American White Pelicans in the harbor
at the Winneshiek Marina (Prairie Du Chien) when way in the background I
could hear a dove calling that had a different vocalization compared to
Mourning Doves commonly found everywhere. I drove across from the marina
and found a pair of Eurasian-Collared Doves in a pine tree adjacent to
the campground.
Here are a few images for fun:

Eurasian-Collared Dove:
http://iwishicouldfly.com/iwishicouldfly/images/euro_dove.jpg

American White Pelican feasting on a Gizzard Shad:
http://iwishicouldfly.com/iwishicouldfly/images/pelican_small.jpg

Alan Stankevitz
www.iwishicouldfly.com