[wisb] Eurasian Collared-Dove, Stevens Point, Portage Co.

  • From: Schaufenbuel <schaufenbuel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 18:28:28 -0500

Only the second record for Portage Co., I believe.  At 6:10 PM a single
ECDO flew low through my yard showing its pale color and square tail
with large white corners.  I could not see the collar but the only other
bird that resembles this is the Ringed Turtle Dove, but this dove was
large and stocky with dark wing tips.

New yard too though I've lost count of those.

Joe Schaufenbuel
Stevens Point,
Portage Co., WI