[wisb] Dodge Co. SHORT-EARED OWLS

  • From: "Rhonda Schrab" <rdzs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2015 18:53:23 -0600

I drove S. Grove Rd. near Juneau late today and was rewarded with my FOY
short-eared owls. I got there at 4:15 and at 4:35 there were 3 owls flying
and hunting over the hayfields. Several times they flew across the road
right over me within 50'. The beauty of these owls at close range flying,
hovering and hunting is amazing.
 Dave Schrab
 Dodge Co