[wisb] Denver Ross's gull

  • From: "Seegert, Greg" <gseegert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[Wisb]" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 19:49:59 -0500

Wisbirders
Last night I called one of my birding friends (Joey) in Denver and he confirmed
that the Ross's gull is still there.  He also got me in touch with the person
(Glen) who initially identified it.  Given the fact that I'm not getting any
younger,  I made quick travel arrangements last night and was on my way to
Denver at 0600 this morning.  The site is only 25 min from the airport.  Upon
entering the park,  I called Glenn who said he had the bird.  I walked out to
where Glen and several other birders were and Glen got me on it right away.
How's that for great service?  I spent about 30 min watching it.  Mostly scope
views from about 75 yds while it was on a sand island but it wheeled around the
lake several times so I got good views of it in flight also.  I was back in my
office by 4 pm.  Great bird, great views, very nice people.

Greg Seegert
Deerfield, IL

BTW  Jann and I will be in the Duluth area this weekend.  I'll let you know
what we see