[wisb] Decent sightings, +SNOWY in Oshkosh

  • From: "Paul Bruce" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "birdsandfish50@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: Wisbirdn Birdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2014 14:54:19 +0000 (UTC)

I added 4 species to my list in the last few days as they were surprises,
mostlythe SHARP-SHINNED HAWK that perched in the maple over my driveway on
Friday.That was quite unexpected. Thursday was when I had my FOW SNOWY OWL
sittingon the ice of Big L. Butte des Morts, west side  of the Hwy 41 bridge,
 I was driving but it appeared to be an all-whiter, thought it was a Glaucous
Gull at first but it was too round.Which incidentally that last bird mentioned
was also seen Friday in a flight of gulls going over town. No more than 50
birds perhaps and a 1st year GLAUCOUS was seen in thatflock. Last night while
walking my collie/husky I heard a SCREECH-OWL tootling in my
neighbor'severgreens. And finally with this colder air coming in a single
REDPOLL chattered as it flewover my house. Was nice to see that! Maybe these
next few days will produce other finches.
Paul Bruce, Winnebago Co(Go Pack!)