[wisb] DAKOTA-The Owl

  • From: C G <cghwauk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 21:15:42 +0000

Hi All,

Leslie Kiehl the education coordinator wanted me to post our conversation last
night on Wisbirdn.

Two kids were arrested and apparently Dakota has been roughed up, she didn't go
into details and I didn't ask.

The Owl has been sighted and neighbors are being very cooperative and are
helping - this is good.  Neighboring states have express a concern about Dakota
and are willing to help out with donations and in any way they can - this is
very good.  An observance of Dakota being attacked by 12-15 crows enticed him
to flee the location he was sighted - not good.  This stressed Leslie and she
mentioned Dakota has not eaten since Saturday and that a raptor can last a week
without food - not good.  Leslie has called to Dakota by his name and he has
hooted back - this is excellent!  She said he's a day hooter and quiet at
night.  This is how she knows it's him.  She said Wednesday, they will try to
bait him.

A prayer would be nice that Dakota will respond because of hunger and a
familiar kind voice to Leslie.

Cathy Heyen
Brookfield, WI