[wisb] Crow Fights

  • From: DAVID SNELL <dasnell3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\"wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx\"" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 06:47:01 -0700 (PDT)

I've been told of fights occurring when a crow was the designated
look-out for the family and someone/something came into their feeding
area unannounced. The flock immediately punishes the ineffective member.
Generally
though, the flock is most  raucous when a predator is spotted. They
scream and chase hawks and foxes and go totally bonkers when spotting a
Great Horned Owl.

DavidFox Point, WI