[wisb] Crex, junco's, eaglecam.

  • From: "Gene Sandvig" <cranebill@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2010 05:59:57 -0500

A follow up to Jeremy's (from Grantsburg (Burnett Cty)) message yesterday about
observations at Crex meadows.  Crex is one of my favorite places on this
planet.  And anyone interested in supporting this important treasure, their
website is www.crexmeadows.org, and their general email address is
information@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Go there in early October, stand on one of the
dike roads before sunset, and watch and hear the waves and waves of sandhills
coming back to roost for the night after feeding in the local cornfields.
Goosebump time!
Second note, I see Jeremy mentioned he saw Junco's that far north.  I'm in the
opposite corner of the state (Rochester) and Junco's haven't left for th summer
yet.
Third note, I'm the one who posted the eagle cam link.  So naturally, just
after I did, they changed the link, and were forced to restrict viewing time
because of the very high interest.
Gene Sandvig