[wisb] Common Redpoll

  • From: Paul Schwalbe <p.g6schwalbe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Birdnet, Wis" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 14:35:46 -0600

Dear Birders:
We had our first Common Redpoll of the winter today, only one.  And about
ten minutes later, it was missed by a beautiful Cooper's Hawk.

Needless to say, the Cooper's looked a little miffed as it perched about
40  feet away in a tree.  But then it flew off to happier hunting
grounds    -   we hope!

Good birding.................   Paul and Glenna

--
Paul & Glenna Schwalbe
Pardeeville, Columbia Co.