[wisb] Cattle Egrets- Madison

  • From: tom prestby <jjprestby@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbird <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 21:36:52 -0500

I found 3 breeding plumage CATTLE EGRETS in the west edge of the first pond at
Nine Springs this evening while on my way to Lake Farm. They could be seen
through the fence from the main road before turning east towards the parking
area. Lake Farm itself was a little quiet but there are still good numbers of
White Pelicans as well as Blue-Gray Gnatcatchers, White-throated Sparrows,
Towhees, Thrashers, and other common mid-April arrivals.

Tom Prestby
Madison