[wisb] CBC - BBWLS - Green Bay

  • From: "Ty Baumann" <TyBa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 07:04:35 -0600

Ty & I covered the Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary, the mouth of the Fox River into
Green Bay and along East Shore Dr. and came up with 40 species.  We had our
highest
number ever of ducks on the river: 903 Com Mergansers, 869 Com. Goldeneyes, 83
Lesser
Scaup, 2 Hooded Mergansers, 1 Am. Coot, and at the WLS: 2 N. Shovelers, 2 Wood
Ducks,
232 Am. Black Ducks, and 2,110 Mallards.  Goose numbers were very low with 277
but
I'm sure they were somewhere else for others to count. Raptors were good with 9
Bald
Eagles, 1 Cooper's Hawk, 3 Red-tailed Hawks, 1 Rough-legged. 1 Kestrel and 2
Peregrine Falcons.  We had the usual feeder birds plus 2 White-throated
Sparrows, 3
Robins, 2 Red-winged Blackbirds, and 2 Brown Creepers.  At least it wasn't too
cold
for being outside all day.
If anybody got some unusual finds, please let us know.  Thanks
Ida & Ty Baumann
Green Bay, WI
Brown County