[wisb] Bohemian Waxwings in Door County

  • From: <tcwood729@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2014 23:53:11 +0000

This morning I drove around Sister Bay and Ephraim looking for the waxwings
that Sue Peterson had reported. I had no luck, but took a lunch break in
Ephraim before returning to Sister Bay. When I returned to the Baylake Bank I
quickly spotted 7 Bohemian Waxwings and 10 Cedar Waxwings in the apple tree
adjacent to the parking lot. They flew, so I drove around to the back of the
bank and looped back to the front, and suddenly there were at least 50 Bohemian
Waxwings in the tall trees overlooking the parking lot. I watched them for
awhile and then went down to the waterfront for a quick look. When I returned
to the bank, all the waxwings had left. So, it may take some patience to see
these sleek and beautiful birds. Thanks,Sue, for keeping us updated on the
waxwings.
Thomas Wood, Menomonee Falls, Waukesha County