[wisb] Bohem. Waxw. & Red Cross. pics - Bayfield Co.

  • From: Ryan Brady <ryanbrady10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "ashlandbirders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ashlandbirders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 08:46:13 -0700

My son and I had a stellar outing along Lake Superior's south shore in Bayfield
County on Sunday. Highlights were 17 Red Crossbills (most along Cty Hwy C), a
flock of nearly 300 Bohemian Waxwings in their traditional downtown Cornucopia
haunts, 20 Evening Grosbeaks also in downtown Corny, 6 Pine Grosbeaks
(scattered locations), and this winter's regular contingent of C. Redpolls, P.
Siskins, and P. Finches. Most sites from Corny to Port Wing had open water but
waterbirds from four vantages totaled only 5 Red-breasted Mergs, 3 C.
Goldeneye, and 10 Herring Gulls.

Some photos of the waxwings and crossbills are at:
http://www.pbase.com/rbrady/cornyjan2015

Ryan Brady
Washburn, Bayfield County, WI
http://www.pbase.com/rbrady