[wisb] Bob white in Jackson Cty

  • From: "Russ Schrinner" <schrinner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 22:42:43 -0500

My neighbor told me that he was seeing a strange bird under his feeder in
the back yard. Thought it was a "partridge or grouse." He called this a.m.
to say that it was there so I went to investigate. The bird was sitting
under a shrub and looked like part of the landscaping. It was a male bob
white quail. Have not seen or heard one in years! The bird later wandered
off and I heard that it had crossed the street to another yard----NOT a good
move since this street is a main highway. Can't imagine where this bird came
from but had probably been released somewhere in the area?? Anyone care to
speculate?
Joan Schrinner
Melrose---Jackson County