[wisb] Black-billed Cuckoo

  • From: "Lund, David R." <DLUND@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 10:34:28 -0500

Two weeks ago, I saw my first Black-billed Cuckoo at Trempealeau NWR.  Then I
heard several during the WSO field trips near Sturgeion Bay.  Last Wednesday I
saw my second on at the Dunnville Bottoms in Dunn County.  On Saturday, I saw
my third at Beaver Creek Reserve in Eau Claire County.  This morning, while
planting tomato plants, we heard another one.  I played its call and within
seconds, there were two more in the trees in our yard.  I got pictures of all
that I saw.  I guess, when it rains, it pours.  Hope they stick around.
Dave Lund
Eau Claire County