[wisb] Bittern, Lake Park, Milwaukee

  • From: "Judith Huf" <judith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 14:44:24 -0500

I ran into Sam Corbo in Lake Park today.  He had just flushed an Am. Bittern
from Locust Ravine near the iron bridge.  Together we searched for about 20
minutes before we relocated it perched in a tree on the south side of the
path just west of the wooden bridge not far from the feeder in the woods.
It did not flush despite a man and his little boy walking just under the
branch where it perched.  Sam managed to get a reasonably good photo with
just his cell phone.  The bird was still in place when we left about 1:30
pm.

Judith Huf
Milwaukee County