[wisb] Bird report from the Madison Audubon Birding Camp location

  • From: Paul Noeldner <paul_noeldner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdnet <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 05:30:59 +0000

"We have a Raven nest at Lucerne just east
of the shop! The youngsters are pretty big already. One was out on a branch
beside the nest perched like a gangly teenager at lunch time:-) Sandhill Cranes
and Canada Geese nesting on the back pond, Coopers hawks nesting across the
drive from the office and a
woodcock nesting over by our house, Bluebirds are nesting in the box the
Madison Audubon Camp
folks placed by the dining hall last year. Spring is in the air. Heard a
Red-headed Woodpecker last week North of the horse pasture
along the horse trail. Lots of birds back; Brown Thrasher, Eastern Towhee,
yellow-rumped Warbelers, Chipping Sparrows, Song Sparrows, Tree Swallows, well
the list goes on:-) Sadly the loon moved on early this year with the early
spring."   Note: This bird report was sent to me this week by Chip, camp
manager at Lake Lucerne Camp and Retreat Center near Wautoma where we hold the
annual Madison  Audubon Birding Camp on Memorial Day Weekend.  See
http:/madisonaudubon.org/audubon/lakelucerne for more info and the registration
form.  Please call 608-698-0104 if you're interested in coming - Paul Noeldner,
Maple Bluff