[wisb] Baltimore Oriole still present in Washington Co.

  • From: bill askme <faithful_falcon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 11:27:40 -0800 (PST)

Hello all,

Just thought I would say that the beautiful male Baltimore Oriole is still
coming to my feeding station.  I was gone in the morning so am not sure if he
was around then, but can say he showed up half way into the second quarter of
the Packer game. He is dining on suet, seeds,  mealworms and the oranges. He
seems to want to oranges more then anything else. Wondering if I should only
put out a few or allow him to dine on them to his hearts content..   I am
providing him the opportunity to dine on plenty of high fat high energy suet
and seeds and mealworms. Anyone have any thoughts for me on how to best keep
him well fueled?   Sorry no pictures again today, I am going to go watch the
Pack beat the Bears.

If I get any photos of him in the snow, I will be sure to put them up on flickr
and my facebook page for those who enjoy my captures.

William ( Will or Bill ) Joers
Colgate, WI  -    Washington Co.