[wisb] Re: BN Stilt chick

  • From: Peter Fissel <pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: korducki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 21:43:27 -0500

If it matters, when I saw the Trumpeters with the brood this morning, they were
on the north (i.e., Fond du Lac County) side of Hwy 49.

There were at least 100 Pelicans along Dike Rd. this evening - all of them Am.
White, unfortunately.  I got a little overexcited (to the point of slamming my
little finger in the car door) when I saw something dark with a lighter neck
behind them, but it turned out to be a preening Great Blue Heron.  Nuts - and
ouch!

Peter Fissel
Madison WI