[wisb] Anyone know what this animal might have been?

  • From: "B.G. Sloan" <bgsloan2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 17:48:47 -0800 (PST)

I found a picked-over remnant of an animal skeleton smack dab in the middle of
the Veterans Park lawn while doing my Great Backyard Bird Count today. Red Fox?
Small Coyote?

Pretty decent size. My shoe is 12.5 inches long and 4.5 inches across at the
widest point:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14463444@N07/6913329213/in/photostream

Here's a closeup of what's left of the fur. Kinda reddish brown:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14463444@N07/6913323015/in/photostream/

Bernie Sloan
Milwaukee