[wisb] Another late yard migrant

  • From: Daryl Tessen <bhaunts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 08:56:46 -0500

Certainly no headliner like the Purple Gallinule in Walworth county
but just got through watching a Swainson's Thrush moving around up
near my living room window.  So there still are a few late passerines
migrating, like the Yellow-bellied Flycatcher that was here two days
ago.  I guess this cool---perhaps cold is a better word---has
prolonged the migration for a few birds, not that unusual for the
first half of June.  The 2.5 inches of rain on my gauge over the past
few days was most welcome, but now some sun and more normal June
temps would also be equally welcome.
Daryl Tessen
Appleton, WI