[wisb] Alert: Laughing Gull, others in Port Washington/Ozaukee County

  • From: "Tom Wood" <tcwood729@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2014 15:03:47 -0500

An adult Laughing Gull was at Coal Dock Park in Port Washington until at
least 2:05 P.M. today, June 8, when I left. I first spotted it on the grass
in the park along with the Ring-billed Gulls, but it eventually flew into
the harbor where it could still be seen from the park.
From the wooden platforms at the east end of the park, I spotted a third
summer Lesser Black-backed Gull on the breakwall at the entrance to the
harbor, but it did not remain. Also seen from here was a late female Common
Goldeneye among Red-breasted and Hooded Mergansers, Redhead Duck, Lesser
Scaup, Gadwall, and Mallards. The Peregrine Falcon was on top of the nesting
box on the WE Energies power plant.

Thomas Wood, Menomonee Falls, Waukesha County