[wisb] ARCTIC TERN & Parasitic Jaegers at Wisconsin Point this morning

  • From: Erik Bruhnke <birdfedr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 17:50:50 -0500

This morning Robbye Johnson, Ted Keyel and I birded from Lot 1 along
Wisconsin Point. While scanning through the jaegers and gulls this morning
(had a 5 Parasitic Jaeger morning), I found a distant & evenly-pale-winged
tern flying by, still hosting a black cap. Since getting into birds as a
kid, I've been wanting to see an Arctic Tern (top of my dream bird list).
It was such a special treat witnessing the lifer Arctic Tern with Ted and
Robbye today, and just darn fun to bird with them period! My personal
description of this bird is in the eBird checklist below.
eBird list

Arctic Tern
http://www.pbase.com/image/152602553
http://www.pbase.com/image/152602553

Two Parasitic Jaegers chasing a Ring-billed Gull
http://www.pbase.com/image/152602555

Two Parasitic Jaegers' undersides
http://www.pbase.com/image/152602561

Good birding,
Erik Bruhnke
Duluth, MN

--
*NATURALLY AVIAN* - Birding Tours and Bird Photography
birdfedr@xxxxxxxxx (e-mail)