[wisb] ALERT - Northern Mockingbird - Cherokee Marsh - Dane Cty

  • From: Dan Graham <theluckiest2775@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 11:43:08 -0500

About 2 hours ago I saw a Northern Mockingbird just south of the main
parking lot at Cherokee Marsh. I was given two very clear views and one
flight view ensuring positive ID. The bird was vocal and low in brush area
and moved through area quickly in about 10 min. I hung around over an hour
to get another look or hear it and it did not show up again. Couldn't pursue
on foot to search when I returned due to smoke from controlled burn was
filling entire area. I wad told there was one seen over a week ago and
wonder if it was the same area?
In same area I saw 8 species of warblers, scarlet tanager, 3 vireos, and a
red breasted Nuthatch from 20 feet (FOY). What a day. Now off to find that
Chat!
Get out there today!
Dan Graham
Madison, Dane Cty