[wisb] A question on GHO

  • From: bill askme <faithful_falcon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 18:45:20 -0800 (PST)

Hello all,
I am wondering if someone can help me with a question. All winter long either
in the early evening, or early morning. I have on many occasions heard two GHO
calling back and forth to each other. One I swear is somewhere in my yard it
seems that close.  For the past few evenings, right after the sunsets, there is
one calling again from somewhere either in my yard or very very close. Would
they be paired off and nesting already? Is this a youngster, hoping to find a
mate? Its wonderful to hear them almost nightly now, should I assume they are
nesting somewhere close by? Just a newbie wishing to understand.

Thanks to any and all who respond, you may if you choose backchannel directly
via email if you wish.

William Joers
Colgate Wisconsin