[wisb] 12/17 Invitation (with bribery) to Hales Corners CBC (SE Milw. Co.)

  • From: Betsyacorn@xxxxxxx
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 14:54:48 -0500 (EST)

Once again, our count coincides with Milwaukee  and Waukesha counts on
12/17, and though organized via Wehr Nature Center in  Whitnall Park, also
includes much of the SE Milwaukee county lakefront  "hotspots": the areas south
of Texas Avenue overlook (Oklahoma Ave) to Sheridan  Park, South Metro and
the lakefront parks of Warnimont, Sheridan, Grant, and  Bender.  The lead
organizer is Mark Verhagen at Wehr;  I help out a  bit on the eastern sectors
near the lake, and offer some bribery - a bowl of hot  soup and bread at lunch
- for those who count in our area.  I might even  throw in some hot toddies
after 5.... (show ID at the door)

If any  birders would like to join us, please contact either Mark or me,
and let us know  what areas are of greatest interest to you.  We had some nice
gull coverage  near the dump last year thanks to a couple excellent new
birders joining us, and  were blessed with some great addendum duck spotting
along the lakefront as  well.  However, we've lost a great birder to lucky
Waukesha this year, so  would be happy to have the help.

I think Wehr has a potluck chili  lunch, by the way.  So bribery covers the
whole region!  ;)

Mark Verhagen may be reached at Wehr (414) 425-8550 /
mark.verhagen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  And, I can be backchanneled if the southeast  side
appeals to any.
Thanks.

Betsy Abert, So. Milwaukee