The Wintonbury Coffeehouse E-mail Newsletter - September 2005

  • From: "Wintonbury Coffeehouse" <newsletter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Wintonbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 23:02:34 -0400

The Wintonbury Coffeehouse E-mail Newsletter - September 2005

Contents:
I. This Month's Coffeehouse - Tree by Leaf and Brooke Campbell
II. Link of the Month - Into the Wardrobe
III. Last Month's Coffeehouse - Tom Conlon and Elijah Wyman

I. On Saturday, September 10th, we are very pleased to welcome back Tree by
Leaf to our stage.  This exciting young folk trio from Maine draws on
influences as diverse as traditional folk, college-radio rock, and old-time
gospel.  The result is music that is so good it makes you feel like the top of
your head is coming off.  You seem to remember it from somewhere, even though
you know you've never heard anything like it before.  Tree by Leaf consists of
Garrett & Siiri Soucy and Cliff Young.  Garrett writes the songs and plays
guitar, Cliff plays the piano, and all of them sing.  You can check out their
web site at www.treebyleaf.org, and you can hear some songs they've played at
Wintonbury in our Listening Room at http://www.wintonburycoffeehouse.org/audio

We'll open the evening with a newcomer to the Wintonbury stage, Brooke
Campbell.  Brooke's beautiful voice is clear and sweet, and her songs speak of
the pains and joys of real life and faith.  You can visit Brooke on the web at
www.brooke-campbell.com

The Wintonbury Coffeehouse is held on the second Saturday of the month at
Wintonbury Baptist Church, 54 Maple Avenue, Bloomfield, Connecticut.  Starting
time is 7:30 p.m., and the doors open at 7:00.  There is no charge for
admission or refreshments.  A $7 donation is suggested to cover expenses.

II. Link of the Month - Into the Wardrobe:  The Lion, the Witch and the
Wardrobe is coming to the big screen this December!  You can get acquainted (or
re-acquainted) with C.S. Lewis and Narnia with a visit to
http://cslewis.drzeus.net

III. Last Month's Coffeehouse - About 60 people joined us on August 13th and
enjoyed the songs and stories of Tom Conlon, who has a wonderful ability to
reach the hearts of his audience.  In the opening set, Elijah Wyman delighted
some and puzzled others with his edgy songs and disarmingly gentle humor.
Problems with the sound system continued, as one of the new speakers was
defective and the snake (which we originally thought was unharmed) appears to
have suffered some condensation damage.  We hope and pray that everything will
be back to normal by this Saturday.