The Wintonbury Coffeehouse E-mail Newsletter - October 2004

  • From: "Wintonbury Coffeehouse" <newsletter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Wintonbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 22:35:07 -0400

The Wintonbury Coffeehouse E-mail Newsletter - October 2004
Contents:
I. This Month's Coffeehouse - Shana Cassidy & Band, David Brooke
II. Audio File of the Month - "Come Unto Me" - Shana Cassidy
III. Link of the Month - Maeve
IV. Last Month's Coffeehouse - Brooks Williams and The Josh & Kyle Show

I.  On Saturday, October 9th, we are very pleased to welcome singer/songwriter
and guitarist Shana Cassidy back to our stage.  Shana writes wonderful songs
about the things that affect her deeply, and delivers them with a glorious,
expressive voice that takes her words straight to the hearts of her audience.
She'll be bringing some friends along to join her on drums, bass and guitar.
You can visit Shana on the web at www.shanacassidy.com/  And you can also hear
some of her songs, recorded in her previous appearances at Wintonbury, in our
Listening Room (http://www.wintonburycoffeehouse.org/audio.htm).

We'll open the evening with a set from David Brooke, who played a couple of
great songs for us at last year's New Artists Showcase.  David has a maturity
in the way he puts together words and tunes that is rare in someone whose high
school graduation still lies ahead of him.  Come out and hear the music of this
very promising young songwriter with us.

The Wintonbury Coffeehouse is held on the second Saturday of the month at
Wintonbury Baptist Church, 54 Maple Avenue, Bloomfield, Connecticut.  Starting
time is 7:30 p.m., and the doors open at 7:00.  There is no charge for
admission or refreshments, but a $7 donation is suggested.

II. Audio File of the Month - http://www.wintonburycoffeehouse.org/audio.htm
"Come Unto Me"  Shana Cassidy's beautiful rendition of Matthew 11:28-30,
recorded at the November 2003 coffeehouse.

III. Link of the Month - http://www.maevemusic.com/ Maeve - that amazing trio
of Rollyn Zoubek, Courtney Reid, and Rachel Taylor - has filled out their site
with music samples, bio, and photos.  Check it out!

IV. Last Month's Coffeehouse - About 100 people joined us to enjoy the
incredible music of Brooks Williams in his 15th appearance at the Wintonbury
Coffeehouse.  Brooks has appeared at Wintonbury more than any other musician,
and it is always a great evening when he comes.  Josh Strecker and Kyle
Christopher played a terrific opening set in their first Wintonbury appearance.
Please visit our web site at http://www.wintonburycoffeehouse.org for a
complete schedule of upcoming coffeehouses, information for musicians
interested in playing at Wintonbury, and more.

If you'd like to be removed from this email list, please drop us an email with
"remove" as the subject line at info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx