[WinPrnDev] Color Management

  • From: "Nobles, Chris" <cnobles@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <winprndev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 11:10:17 -0400

I'm trying to add color management options to an existing driver. The
ultimate goal is to have a pair of drop down boxes where the user can
select the material type they're printing on and the rendering intent,
then select the appropriate ICM profile.

This is fairly easy to do at an application level with a few system
function calls (SetICMProfile, SetICMMode and Get/SetColorSpace). The
system (GDI I assume) handles the rest.

My question: is there a way to do this from the driver? When looking
through the driver docs for color management it seems it wants me to
implement 3 function (DrvIcmCreateColorTransform,
DrvIcmDeleteColorTransform, DrvIcmCheckBitmapbits). I haven't been able
to find sample implementations of these in the WDK code, and I'd rather
have GDI do the work for me (the surface is already a GDI managed bitmap
which I convert to PCX and send to the printer).