[windows_errors] [What_Error_Messages_Really_Mean_WIN_98] hi. l keep getting 'illegal program ' close up when on net

  • From: "Narendra Shah" <lambamanus@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <What_Error_Messages_Really_Mean_WIN_98@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 00:57:10 +0530

1. Boot to DOS by pressing F8 key during boot\up process and erase the file
win386.swp file, which should be in your windows directory. Now reboot. A
new win386.swp file will be created by Windows.

2. Go to Internet Options and clean out all the cached pages.

hth

Narendra Shah

>    Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 09:42:36 -0000
>    From: "zezzz2002" <zezzz2002@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: hi. l keep getting 'illegal program ' close up when on net.
>

> l,m on win 98 . sometimes l only go into two pages or so on nett
> and it comes up so l have to close and start again.
> sometimes 5 or 6 times in 1/2 on hour.
> often it settles down after that and won,t come back.
> maybe an hour later boom. back again once or twice.
> driving me f' crazy.
> l,ve tried all the security sets' down to low. dosen,t help.
>  would anyone have a clue what l have to do to stop this crap.
> thanks. jos.
> ps ,you,ll have to keep it simple or you,ll loose me.

Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ybSovB/hP.FAA/3jkFAA/67folB/TM