[windows2000] switch fabric configuration

  • From: "Andy Wolstenholme" <a_wolsten@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 10:08:20 +0000

Hi Chaps,

Having a bit of a dilema enhancing our current switch fabric.

We currently implement 4 netgear switches (10/100 with 2 gigabit ports on each).
They are all interconnected in a hanging fashion one on to the next. We are looking to remove all of our servers (8 ish) and add them to a gigabit switch which will then connect onto the current switch fabric.

I was just wondering if there are any optimal configurations to implement to get the most out of our switches e.g. if cascading them in a kind of tree fashion with the gigabit at the top is more efficient than connecting them in a line.

Can you chaps point me in the direction of any good information on switching topologies or suggest anything.

Thanks in advance