[windows2000] problem xdtr.exe with win2k

  • From: "Dennis Appelboom" <dennis.appelboom@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 12:02:33 +0200

Hi Guys,

I've got an interesting one here.
One off the office guys has a laptop running win2k with local =
administrator rights (yes, I know that this is wrong, but that's the =
policy over here...).
He has messed up laptops in the past, and yesterday he brought in his =
laptop again.
This time, some applications didn't work anymore, and a pop-up message =
appeared with an xdtr.exe error.
We replaced the laptop with a temporary one, and started troubleshooting =
the laptop.
It turns out that in the registry, the xdtr.exe is configured to start =
every time a .exe file is executed.

OK, I have a very bad feeling that this xdtr.exe might be something that =
has been installed while visiting porn sites.
Found something  on google, but I'm not sure yet.
As it turns out that this is actually true, it might have some bad =
consequences for the owner of the laptop...

Well, my question is if someone ever had problems with xdtr.exe, or =
knows anything about it.

All help is appreciated.

Regards,

Dennis Appelboom