[windows2000] Re: how to point to the i386 directory

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 09:09:03 +0200

Dennis Appelboom <> sez on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 9:10 PM:

> Hi list,
>
> In the past, when I finished an windows 2000 server installation, I
> always created an install directory and copied the i386 directory to
> that folder. I then changed one registry key that pointed windows
> 2000 to look to the directory d:\install\i386 when needed.And that
> always worked fine. On 2003, on the other hand, it is not. I did
> search through the registry looking for the pointer to the i386
> directory.
>
> Does onyone know how to change this???

I do the same thing here, although I use Daemon Tools (with a
driveletter) instead of a folder. I've never had the problem. I use
Win2k3 Standard Ed.

Did you check/change both places in the registry that handles this? Ie
the source paths in both

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup] and

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion]?