[windows2000] Re: does someone have experience with ghosting win2k?

  • From: Robert Funderburk <robfunderburk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 17:32:00 -0400

It should work.  Run sysprep from Microsoft on the Win2K Pro machine
before you make the master ghost image.  What this does it launch the
mini setup wizard the next time the machine boots, so you can
individualize each ghosted machine.

The other idea is you use RIS on from the Win2K server to deploy 2K Pro,
but my experiences have found that ghosting is just easier.

-Rob