[windows2000] disappearing system dsn data source entries

  • From: Patrick <london31uk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 08:46:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Guys,

This is a strange one, not sure if anyone here has encountered this.

I recently installed 2 new Interbase ODBC drivers. The installation went well,
and we created 2 new system dsn data source entries to set up a link between an
sql server and an Interbase database. However when we went back to create a
3rd  it looked like it had been created, but it was not visible on the ODBC
control panel, subsequent entries were not visible either, even after
uinstalling the drivers and rebooting and re-installing.

After digging thru the web, I found this link. It looks like this is a long
standing issue, with no know cure. please advice.

http://www.tech-archive.net/Archive/Data/microsoft.public.data.odbc/2004-02/0030.html

Thanks

Patrick