[windows2000] copy files by date over CLI

  • From: "Brian Anderson" <BAnderson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 12:06:24 -0600

I've got a directory of documents on one of our app servers. They're computer
generated documents that have been piling up for a bit. Right now, in this one
directory, there is close to 500k documents. I'm wanting to pull some of the
files out of there. Problem is that the folder seems to be so big (like 13GB),
that explorer just freezes (even if you let it sit for an hour) trying to open
up the folder. Over the command line, I can copy files fine though. Does anyone
know of a way that I could copy files over the command line using a modified
date range as an identifier? The files go back about 3 years and I would want
to move out maybe the first year or so. I wasn't aware of any specific switches
that did that in either copy or xcopy.

Or beyond that, would there be a utility that could do it that anyone is aware?

thanks,

-brian

Brian Anderson
Serapis Support