[windows2000] back up scripts for remote locations

  • From: thethin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 06:31:20 -0500 (EST)

Just wondering if anybody has done anything similar to what we are looking
to do.

We have a main location with a Windows 2000 server running a DLT backup.
We would like to zip and/or compress the data files from  remote sites and
then transfer the data to the main location to ensure backup.

We would like to do this without any user intervention.

What my initial thought was to zip the files and ftp them to main
location.  But, I didn't know if winzip had any command line capabilities.
The dos zip would work, except I will lose the long filenames (I am
pretty sure).

Any other ideas or recommendations ...

Dave