[windows2000] Zimbra (Was: RE: Re: Exchange 2003 or 2007)

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 15:49:09 +0100

Berny Stapleton <> scribbled on Tuesday, February 19, 2008 1:14 PM:

I failed making it start properly, especially the ldap. I think the main
problem is that I don't have access to tweaking and updating the A, MX etc
dns-entries, on which zimbra apparantely relies heavily. Doens't seem to
difficult to set up though for a rookie like me, FWIW.

Install went otherwise fine on CentOS5 (binary compatible with RHEL5). I might
try this at home though, but it'll be during the summer vacations or
something, as it seems this thing will need some time to setup properly.

I tried initially to run zimbra on a machine with 512M (2x 256) RAM, with the
result that it swapped like crazy. Adding 2x 512M sticks and 1x 256M got rid
of all swapping. I ran this on a 3GHz Celeron. Seems like the cpu is at least
good enough. It all runs down to reading the sys req's (more) carefully. 8-)