[windows2000] Re: VIRUS WARNING

  • From: Jim Kenzig <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 11:09:13 -0400

And the whole point of my warning was that your AV program is only as good
as the update.  I don't care what program you have...if we were NOT blocking
Pifs via Trend emanager and hadn't done our daily update yet we surely would
of been infected.
By not doing blocking, Mike you are a disaster waiting to happen.

The joe average user who doesn't do av updates daily is going to be infected
because sure enough if it says it is coming from MS they are going to click
on it. I would'nt of gotten it 4 times already today if that were not the
case.

Just by not updating in a day I could of been infected but knew enough not
to click on it because MS never sends attachments unsolicited. I sent the
alert from Vexira because none of the other AV vendors had one up yet. Not
every vendor is going to be on top of every virus so relying heavily on one
or another is going to get you in trouble.  That is why I get alerts from
all of them.

JK