[windows2000] Re: User rights and applications

  • From: "Farrugia, Paul" <pfarrugia@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 16:02:18 -0400

Thanks for the responses....

There are actually 2 programs that aren't running correctly unless the
user has admin rights. One program actually runs at startup and when the
user logs in they get a few pop up errors. If I do set the programs to
run as administrator is there a way to apply that change permanently?
The only way I know how to do it is to right click the application and
select Run as....but from what I've seen the settings reset at log off.

Regarding the regmon /filemon/acl methods....how can I get regmon and
filemon to scan programs that run on start up?