[windows2000] Upgrade NT 4.0 BDC in NT 4.0 Domain

  • From: Daryl Ehrenheim <d.ehrenheim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 16:28:21 -0700

I know that this is going to be a rather basic question for the group,
however, I have need to upgrade an NT 4.0 BDC to Windows 2003 Server. I am
NOT planning on upgrading the PDC to Windows 2003 at this time due to
funding restraints and other various reasons. Is it possible for me to
upgrade the one server and not have it affect the Domain negatively. When I
run the compatibility tests, it comes back and tells me that I need to
Upgrade the PDC first. If anyone has a simple answer; it would be
appreciated even if it is not the answer I want.

Thanks in Advance,

Daryl S. Ehrenheim
IT Support - Bargreen Ellingson