[windows2000] Re: Terminal issue

  • From: "Angus Macdonald" <Angus.Macdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 10:10:40 +0100

It sounds as if the error condition is locking or corrupting some file or
other, which causes trouble for the other clients as they try to access the
same file. It won't be an easy one to track down but if you use sysinternals
RegMon and run  the app yourself once the error has occurred you may be able to
track down whichever file is giving the trouble and wave it at the vendor.

Despite what the vendor says (would you really expect them to say "yes, that's
our problem and we've never fixed it"?) it only happens on one application
which points the finger firmly in their direction. Ask them what their
recommended terminal services installation method is and make sure you've
matched it.