[windows2000] TS and USB printers

  • From: "Rod Falanga" <rfalanga@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <WINDOWS2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 16:44:17 -0600

In my simplistic view of the world, clients who connect to us using terminal
services that also have printers attached to their PCs, need to have the
printer set up through an LPT port.  (I know that it is possible to set up
network printers by assigning them to an LPT port, but that is not what I'm
talking about now.)

What I would like to know is what happens with USB printers? Are they
considered to be "local" as far as terminal services are connected?  Or do I
have to route a user's Brother printer, which connects to his PC via USB,
through one of the LPT ports?

Rod Falanga
http://amci.unm.edu