[windows2000] SV: Temporarily disabling RAS

  • From: "Svein Arild Haugum" <svein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 18:15:38 +0100

Most important thing is to NOT go to the Remote Access Snapin, and rightclick
the server and choose disable. This will reset all RAS settings to default. I
have never tried it, as i dont use RAS, but it was mentioned in the Networking
MCP book. (Please correct me if I am wrong guys.)

You can however, as others have said, stop the service.

Mvh
Svein Arild