[windows2000] SV: Scripting

  • From: "Svein Arild Haugum" <svein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 21:00:48 +0100

I use kix, goes something like this:

AD policy redirect startmenu and desktop to the users temp variable (in the
profile), ths gets cleand out during each logon.

Then i place all shortcuts for the desktop in a folder inside a desktop folder,
wich has the same name as the group representing the shortcut.. Same goes for
the starmenu.

Folders would be like this:
Desktop - G_App_Outlook - Outlook-shortcut
etc

Startmenu - G_App_SAP - Programs - SAP - SAP-shortcut
etc

The logonscript checks all subfoders of the desktop and startmenu folders,
compares the name of the folder to the group membership of the user. If the
user is member of a group with that name, it gets the shortcut. I have also
made it so that it checks the username, so you can add user spesific shortcuts.

Works like a charm, users gets a fresh enviroment each time they log in, and i
can easily add shortcuts and remove them.

The downside with this is that no user can add theyr own shorcuts, wich they
hate...

You can probably do the same witch vb...

Mvh
Svein Arild