[windows2000] Re: SV: IE6 changing the startup homepage

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <Sorin.Srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 13:37:48 +0100

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 13:33:08 +0100, Svein Arild Haugum wrote:

>I have had the same thing on a new server the last couple of days (win2k sp3
>with citrix).
>
>A user logs in, two times i have seen this, the homepage is changed to MSN.

I don't log off at all. I just wait a few minutes, and the correct
homepage returns all by itself... Weird...

>The servers/users do get this settings from a GPO. Logging the user off and on
>again solves the problem (same server). There is a lot of users who has not
>seen this problem.

What GPO makes IE go to MSN???

>Only documented difference on the new server and the old ones, is hardware
>related, and the latest security patches. (It was 100% up to date on patches a
>week ago.)

Hardware?? Seriously? I don't get it!

BW,

Sorin

# Sorin Srbu, Systems Engineer          Web: http://www.farmfak.uu.se/organisk/
# Dept of Medicinal Chemistry,          Phone: +46 (0)18-4714482 >> 5 signals
>> GSM
# Div of Org Pharm Chem,                        Mobile Phone: +46 (0)701-718023
# BMC, Box 574, Uppsala University              Fax: +46 (0)18-4714474
# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden             Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
#
# Public PGP key available on request.
#
# ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
# /\
#
#
# Harmless tagline follows:
#
# BOFH excuse follows: Cosmic ray particles crashed through the
hard disk platter