[windows2000] Roadrunner problems

  • From: "Greg Reese" <GReese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 11:19:07 -0400

Has anyone else had the roadrunner Gestapo block their domain's emails because
they think you are part of an ISP's dynamic address range?

I have contacted roadrunner and my ISP (AT&T) about this.  Roadrunner is being
extremely uncooperative and AT&T thinks they are idiots.

Basically when my users send to someone with a roadrunner address, then get the
following NDR:

your system administrator.
            <myexchangeserver.mydomain.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Mail Refused -
att.net_Dynamic_Range - See http://security.rr.com/dynamic.htm

the link tells me:

If you are a dynamic IP space user impacted by these blocks, then you should
utilize your ISP's primary outbound SMTP server to send mail to Road Runner
users. Road Runner will NOT whitelist your IP address.
Road Runner has made every effort to only block dynamic IP address space. If,
however, you are a static or business subscriber of your ISP, please CONTACT
YOUR ISP at abuse@xxxxxxxxxxx, and have them CONTACT US at
spamblock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx We will be happy to work with them.

I have a static address, the same one I have had for three years.

I am working with my ISP to get it fixed.  I am just curious if it has happened
to anyone else.  It started happening last Wednesday.  Up till then we had no
problems emailing Roadrunner users.

And they wonder why I tell my users to avoid Roadrunner like the plague.

Greg

This weeks sponsor - RTOSoft TScale
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id=131